Folding Sleeper Ottomans are perfect for minimalists and for people who receive a lot of guests. They serve as a chair, sofa or lounger during the day and can turn into a guest bed in a matter of minutes at night. Not only do folding sleeper ottoman beds save space, but also MONEY, and can enhance the overall decor of your home.
Here’s Our 2021 Top Selection:
Review: Vonanda 4-in-1 Convertible Ottoman Bed
- Uses: Footstool / ottoman, sofa, chair, lounger, guest bed, for your home or office
- Available colors: Colors: Black, Black Berry, Chocolate Brown, Hunter Green, Light Brown, Mustard Yellow, Prussian Blue, Salmon Pink, Velvet Grey
- Item weight: 70.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 64 x 60 x 37 cm (L x W x H)
- Material: Metal, linen or velvet fabric, sponge.
- Can easily be converted into a comfortable king-size bed if you buy two of these ottomans.
- The backrest can be adjusted to 5 different levels, ensuring you’re finding a comfortable position for any mood.
- It’s available in a large variety of colors, making it a great addition to any modern, mid-century environment.
- Comes with a matching pillow.
- Vonanda offers a 180 day free trial, so rest assured you’re won’t regret this purchase after it’s been delivered.
This folding ottoman bed is built on a sturdy metal frame, allowing a weight capacity of up to 440 pounds. The high-density sponge, covered by breathable high quality linen fabric or velvet (depending on your color choice), gives this ottoman a luxurious look and feel and is guaranteed to last a long time. We know, ordering furniture online is not the same as being able to touch them in store to convince yourself of the used materials and build quality. So don’t worry, Vonanda has you covered! They offer a generous 180 day free trial and 3 years promise, providing you with the opportunity to test it for yourself, worry-free.
It’s a 4-in-1 multi-function folding ottoman bed and a good one at that. Whether you’d want to have the Ottoman as a footstool in front of your couch, use it as additional small sofa or lounger with adjustable backrest or as a comfortable guest bed to offer to your friends, it doesn’t get much more versatile than this. The high quality, yet neutral modern design won’t only look good at your home but also make a great addition to your office.
Pros and Cons
It’s an all-in-all fantastic product. Great design, super versatile, comfortable and durable. Whilst we also list some cheaper options below, rest assured this one is totally worth its money. But don’t just take our word for it, have a read through some of the customer reviews yourself.
Buy on Amazon.co.uk
This beautiful arm chair easily turns into a recliner, or can stretch out fully into a bed that can accommodate an adult up to 6’2” in height.
See on Amazon.co.uk
Review: CASART 3-in-1 Convertible Ottoman Recliner Chair
- Uses: This convertible sleeper ottoman can work great for someone who is tight on space or has just moved into their first apartment and looking for something that gets them the most for their money. It also works great in an office, or even in your living room, especially on movie marathon nights where you just don’t want to move away from the TV or if your friend spontaneously wants to crash at your place.
- Available colors: Coffee, Blue
- Item weight: 36 pounds
- Dimensions: 188 x 64 x 25 cm (L x W x H)
- Material: Steel, foam, polyester.
- When fully stretched out, the armrests form the supports for the feet portion of the bed. A nifty design feature.
- The supports for the head side of the bed fold neatly into the backrest when you transition the sofa bed into sofa mode. This easily hides it from view.
- The entire sofa is covered in a comfortable high density sponge that is breathable and highly elastic. This makes it comfortable for occasional uses such as gaming or movie nights.
This is a well designed, and well built fold out ottoman bed. One would not easily think of durability when looking at this sofa bed as you will be distracted by how beautiful it looks. The polyester cloth and color have made it quite the looker, but that shouldn’t distract you from the fact that underneath all that beauty lies a structure made of steel.
Combine the steel frame, the beautiful cloth that is stitched together at the sides and the polyester foam, what you get is a product that should become the standard in every home and office.
Versatility is the centerpiece of this product, and unlike other jacks of all trades that succeed in none, this 3-in-1 Convertible Recliner Chair does a great job of meeting all its three requirements.
You can use it as a sofa in your living room or your office. When you want to sit by the window or porch and look at the sunset, or enjoy entertainment on the TV, simply turn it into a recliner. Late in the night when you just can’t leave to go home, just pull it out completely and you have a comfy bed to sleep on.
Pros and Cons
CASART have really come up with something that any person would love to have in their home. This is down to the sofa bed’s design and versatility. The only thing you have to keep in mind is, that if you use it frequently as a bed, the foam cushioning might wear out faster. Other than that, for occasional sleepovers, it’s a great choice.
Buy on Amazon.co.uk
This unassuming, even understated armchair can easily stretch out to become a floor sleeper. Perfect for your home or office.
See on Amazon.co.uk
Review: HOMCOM Single Ottoman Guest Bed – Convertible Armchair
Isn’t this the perfect armchair for someone who is just starting to build their nest? It’s even perfect for the more casual office where you find yourself spending a lot of time, to the point of sleeping in the office.
- Uses: This is a full-on comfortable single couch that fits perfectly next to a coffee table, but also pulls out to become a single bed.
- Available colors: Grey
- Item weight: 35.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 66 x 48 x 71 cm (L x W x H)
- Material: Metal frame, faux suede and sponge
- This seat comes with a double metal frame to give it superb strength and durability. You can expect this will serve you for years to come.
- The sponge is 15 cm thick. While this may not exactly make it the best foam mattress in the business, it is quite adequate for the occasional use when yourself, or your friend will be sleeping over at the office, or at home.
- The armrests have magazine pockets attached, in which you can easily slip your phone, iPad or ultrathin laptop into.
This chair is meant to save space and weight. It is for this reason that it utilizes a double metal frame. This has the advantage of offering superb strength that sees this seat being capable of carrying over 350 pounds, but also light enough to move around.
The faux suede that makes up the skin of the seat sets it apart from other furniture in this category. While most would have gone with fabric, faux suede adds a brilliant difference to a room, without the added costs of purchasing and maintenance that other premium products demand.
This is a seat that was built with versatility in mind. Aside from just operating as an armchair, you have the ability to pull out the seat and turn the entire thing into a single bed. For the days when you have to work long hours into the night, this here can be a great companion in comparison to sleeping on the couch.
Also, whenever you are having a sleepover for your children, or just yourself, you won’t have to worry about pumping up air mattresses to keep your guests happy. Why not spend the money on something that will offer you value outside of the days when you have people over?
Pros and Cons
This folding ottoman bed has been designed to be functional in two different realms; as a chair it works great for all kinds of contemporary design settings. As a bed, it is great for hosting some people over and having them crash should either of you not want to leave for the night.
That being said, very few things exist without downsides… well, apart from dogs. Those beautiful creatures deserve to inherit the earth, but after returning from this tangent. The sofa may just be a little bit too low for your liking. If you have e.g. issues with your knees, then a higher option like the CASART 3-1 Folding Ottoman Chair might be better for you.
Buy on Amazon.co.uk
Review: Fip Ottoman Convertible Single Pull-Out Sofa Bed
No, it’s not just targeted writing, it is the fact that tucked inside the ottoman, is a sofa bed. You don’t have to bend your mind to imagine how it fits in there. It is a foldable sofa bed that comes with its own mattress.
- Uses: This is a product that can work well in whichever setting it is put in. When you want to add ambience to the office, or have some functionality in the home, this is the ottoman for you. Can also work a treat for #VanLife.
- Available colors: Aegean Blue and Sterling Grey
- Item weight: 110 pounds
- Dimensions: 46 x 100 x 73 cm (L x W x H)
- Material: Fabric
- The fabric is easy to clean and maintain.
- Serves as 2-in-1 additional seating area and spare guest bed.
- Best for occasional uses such as a long night at the office, or whenever you are hosting a sleepover party for your children, and the little tykes refuse to go to bed.
- It’s compact enough to fit in a van and can serve as a great platform for someone who is just starting out in their #VanLife journey.
It’s better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it. That is what the Fip Ottoman by MADE.COM is meant to achieve.
Aside from just serving as an ottoman, the pull-out bed feature makes it a superbly functional and versatile design for a variety of situations.
The rectangular block design of the ottoman makes it the perfect companion for the contemporary design setting and may even act as a great color block against a vibrant background. It serves as a great additional seating area in your living room or office and if the night gets long, simply open it up and pull out the full-size single guest bed.
Pros and Cons
MADE.COM, the company that came up with this wonderful product, have just pulled off the furniture world’s most superb description for the saying never judge a book by its cover. It combines great design with great functionality. The bed itself is designed for occasional use only and not one that you’d want to sleep on permanently. However, it gives you a great peace of mind if you have friends over, knowing that you have a nice spare bed ready if you need it.
Buy on MADE.COM
Review: Ilma Ottoman Single Sofa Bed
Yes, simply pull up the seat and underneath you get a pull-out bed. That is a superb feature that makes this ottoman a must have in any home or office. In fact, several of them should be in your home.
- Uses: The ottoman functions as, well, an ottoman, but can also function as a bed for the occasional night you will be sleeping at the office, or have some friends sleep over.
- Available colors: Seafoam blue + velvet and midnight grey + velvet
- Item weight: 125.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 45.5 x 114 x 76 cm (L x W x H)
- Material: Fabric, polyester, metal and wood
- The tufted buttons add a nice touch to the overall design. They break up the big color and add interest to the ottoman.
- The dual color design makes them a must-have for every interior designer.
- The foldable metal design of the pullout bed makes the bed a strong yet lightweight design that will last years.
- The lid of the ottoman turns into a headboard for the bed, giving it a great style.
- MADE.COM have put a 10-year guarantee on the ottoman.
The Ilma Ottoman combines a variety of materials to reach its final form. These are wood, polyester foam and fabric to make out the structure of the ottoman, and then some more polyester foam and a metal frame to make up the bed.
When put together, you are guaranteed to have a product that will last you > 10 years.
Perhaps the most standout feature of this ottoman is its versatility. You can lounge around on it during the day, but then turn it into a single bed by night. While it won’t be exactly comfortable for daily use, it would be perfect for those late nights at the office a la Elon Musk.
The bed would also make the perfect companion to any sleepovers you hold for your children. There will always be some who refuse to sleep early, or more than expected come. The single bed can serve as a perfect sleeping spot for when they finally decide it’s time to crash.
Pros and Cons
The Ilma Ottoman is a superb product that will fit into a variety of contemporary aesthetics. The dual tone colors of the ottoman make them something of a fashion statement, but it’s not the only reason you should buy this ottoman. If you’re looking for a guest bed that doesn’t look like one and fits in any home, then this is it.
Honestly, we can’t come up with any real downside of this product. Of course, don’t expect a bed as comfortable as the king-size in your bedroom, but for the occasional overnight stay it absolutely does the job. And all the other times, with the bed tucked away, it can proudly present itself as a beautiful ottoman in your home.
Review: Adult Z Chair Bed by My Layabout
That’s because the manufacturer, My Layabout, intended that this be a simple product. No fuss about what it’s supposed to do, just plain and clear function.
- Uses: Can be used as a pouffe in the home or office, and then whenever necessary, can stretch out into a floor sleeper.
- Available colors: Red, black, royal blue, purple, brown, lime, beige, grey, silver-grey, fuchsia, bottle green, pale blue.
- Item weight: 18 pounds
- Dimensions: 67 x 57 x 39 cm (L x W x H pouffe mode) and 201 x 57 x 13 cm in bed mode
- Material: Foam, water resistant fabric
- Numerous color options means you can purchase several and create a colorful contemporary design in the office or at home.
- The foam consists of three layers which are two outer layers of memory foam and completed by upholstery foam in the center.
For something as simple as this, the thought that went into creating this simple product was inspired. It would have been easy to just put some bit of foam in between the covers and call it a day, but no. My Layabout actually took the time to sandwich the foam in between two memory foam layers, making it a comfortable fold out guest bed.
For such a simple product, you wouldn’t expect that it is capable of handling many different tasks. However, it can easily be used as a pouffe or seat by day, and as a floor sleeper by night. The perfect companion to people who are just starting out in life and need value for their money.
Pros and Cons
First of all, this fold out mattress is very affordable and provides a quite comfortable 1-or 2-night’s sleep. Personally, I sleep much better on these than on any air mattress. It may not be what you want to offer as a guest bed when your parents visit, but it is certainly suitable for young adults. By the way: There’s also another option for children available.
With the large variety of color choices available, you’re also sure to find one that will look good once the mattress is doubled up and acting as a pouffe in whichever room you keep it in.
Because of its simplicity, some people love this fold out guest bed, others are looking for something more sophisticated. If that’s you, take a look at our other ottoman sleeper reviews on this page.
This folding bed is small enough to be moved around by the castor wheels, but also large enough to offer comfort to whoever will be sleeping on it.
See on Amazon.co.uk
Review: Crown Premier Folding Bed
The design of the bed is not about being pleasing to the eye, but about being functional for the uses you have for it. It is built to do what it does for the longest time possible.
- Uses: The bed is great for heavy duty uses such as in hotels and motels, guest houses, Airbnb‘s or simply your home if you don’t have the space for a separate guest room but would still like to offer a comfortable sleeping option that easily fits in your storage cupboard once your guests have left.
- Available colors: Black
- Item weight: 74 pounds
- Dimensions: 76 x 92 x 53 cm Folded (LxWxH), 197 x 76 x 42cm open
- Material: Alloy steel, wood, polyester, foam
- The bed comes with castor wheels to allow you move it around the room when cleaning or stowing away for use later. When laid out for use, the wheels are lifted off the ground by the supports in the middle.
- The bed also comes with a wooden headboard that makes it stylish when laid out, but can also act as a counter top when the bed is folded.
- A deep sprung, heavy duty mattress is included in the build. The mattress is rated to support up to 420 pounds in weight, and is built with durability and comfort in mind.
The build quality of the Crown Premier Folding Bed is top notch. The mattress is surrounded by a metal frame that looks to be over-engineered. What you have is a guarantee of strength and durability in the long term.
The design of the bed is all about functionality. Even then, a few design decisions make it work even better to meet its functionality. The powerful frame may not meet awards, but it will serve you for decades.
Pros and Cons
Compared to the other convertible ottoman guest beds we feature on this page, this one certainly isn’t one that you’d like to have as a permanent furniture piece in your den. But you also don’t need to.
The ability to fold this bed with the headboard covering the top, means when you are done with the night, simply fold up and hide it in a corner or your storage cupboard, and the headboard can serve as a counter top for stowing away other stuff.
It may not exactly be an eye-catcher, but as far as convertible guest beds and spare beds go, with its deep sprung mattress it is certainly one of the most comfortable ones out there. And in the end it’s all about having a good nights sleep, isn’t it?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a folding sleeper ottoman?
The great thing about ottoman furniture is that it always has multiple use cases. Footstools that can serve as coffee tables, ottoman beds and benches that come with large built-in storage compartments and folding sleeper ottomans that are probably the most diverse of their kind. Most of them serve as a chair, sofa or lounger during the day and can turn into a guest bed in a matter of minutes at night. But pictures speak louder than a thousand words, so take a look at our selection above and you’ll quickly understand what kind of functionality wonders they are.
Should you buy a sleeper ottoman?
It mainly depends on your preference. Do you like portable easy to move furniture with multiple uses? Do you have overnight guests who come over often, but you don’t have enough space for a separate guest room with a proper big guest bed? Then yes, a sleeper Ottoman is a great piece of furniture for just that. Some brands and styles look pretty good even when folded out into a chair or a bed and you do have multiple functions and uses for them in case you are a minimalist.
How portable are ottoman beds?
Folding ottoman beds are in general very easy to move around as they can be converted to a space saving chair or stand-alone ottoman and are mostly very lightweight. Some even come with small wheels underneath, allowing you to easily move it inside your house to a different place when guests are coming. These kind of beds however shouldn’t be confused with full size / double ottoman beds. Those are usually already due to their sheer size and built-in storage compartment at least as heavy, if not heavier than normal beds and meant to stay in the spot you’ve intended for them. Taking these beds apart and setting them up is a lot of work and should only be done if absolutely necessary, e.g. when moving house.