When decorating your bed, it does not have to be more difficult than it actually is. You just have to make sure the sizing and the colors match with the rest of the room. Make sure to read to the bottom for color matching tips.
Here are the 7 best oversized decorative pillows for your bed.
- Soft, luxurious feel and touch
- One-sided, micro-suede back with zipper
- SIZE: Include 2 pc 20x20 inch /50x50cm (1-2cm deviation) linen cushion cover. No Cushion...
- FEATURES: Compared with the traditional monochrome linen pillow cover,we add 2 Tones...
- PACKAGE: Include 2 pc 20x20 inch /50x50cm (1-2cm deviation) cushion cover. No Cushion...
- MATERIAL: Flocking striped corduroy cushion cover is made of 100% high quality velvet....
- PACKAGE Refined by 20x20 inches (50x50 CM) . Pack of 2 Cushion Shells Included, except...
- MATERIAL The High Quality Velvet Feels Cozy, Soft, Smooth, and Looks Muted. Comfortable...
- Made of Fur and Soft Velvet.
- 20 x 20 Inch / 50 x 50cm. 2 packs cushion cover.
- SOFT & STYLISH – Here’s a modern and comfortable pillow cover for your contemporary...
- WIDE APPLICATION – With its dark navy color, it blends seamlessly with neutral shades,...
- SET OF TWO 20x20” PILLOW COVERS: 2pc pillow cover set – each square pillowcase covers...
- VERSATILE NEUTRAL CREAM COLOR: Neutral color matches a wide range of home décor,...
Choosing Oversized Pillows for Dark Colored Beds
When you are decorating a dark colored bed, the worst thing you can do is to pick pillows that are of the same color. You want some contrast with brighter colors and give your bed some personality, otherwise, monochromatic colors just blend in and look boring. Unless you want monochromatic colors and personally like them, you don’t want your decorative pillows to just blend in.
You can’t go wrong with white, ivory, beige types of decorative pillows. Those colors pop and give a good contrast for dark colored bed.
However, you do have to be careful with bright colors such as blue, pink, red, green, yellow etc, because if you don’t match your cushions with the bed and the furniture around its surrounding, then it will just look a bit out of place and weird.
Choosing Oversized Pillows for Light Colored Beds
For beds that are perhaps white, light blue, sandy, etc, the best color combinations are a touch of bright colors mixed in with netural decorative pillows. Use dark pillows sparingly because they might stand out too much from the rest.
For example if you have a beige bed, a good color combination would be, Coffee brown, ivory, and a few dark chocolate or black pillows. Unlike dark colored bed, you do have more room to be creative and play around a little.
Choosing Oversized Pillows for Neutral Colored Beds
For netural colored beds such as gray, brown, olive, etc, usually bright colors mixed with some dark colors work best. Other neutral pillows will just blend in too much, but depending on your goal, you can have your decoration pillows pop and catch someone’s eye, or have a few pillows that actually blend in while having two or three to stand out with bright or dark colors.
Getting the right color combination for neutral bed is a bit difficult, so be careful with this one.
How To Match Pillow Color with Room
One thing you have to keep in mind is the color of the room itself and the furniture around your bed.
You can actually pick large decorative pillows that also match its surroundings. For example, if your walls are green and if your bed is ivory or white, you can actually mix in a few green pillows to match the color pattern for your living room.
Unless you are purposefully trying to create a vibrant atmosphere with all kinds of different colors, usually it’s best to keep the color range between 3-5.
How Big is Too Big?
Anything more than 20 by 20 for pillow cushions will be bordering on the too big side. Depending on the size of the bed as well, maybe 16 by 16 inches could be best suited.
The general rule of thumb is, the bigger the bed, the bigger the pillow can be. So it’s a matter of using some common sense.
Choosing The Correct Material
For full comfort and snuggling while watching TV or just napping, large Mongolian fur pillows are recommended. The genuine sheep wool feels amazing on the skin.
For something a little more affordable and within a budget range, you can always try faux fur, polyester, and cotton. While they don’t feel as nice, for decoration purposes, they will do the job.
Anything exotic with a particular color pattern, material, it depends on your personal taste and what kind of feel you are going for with your decoration purposes. So any other types of large decoration pillows, it’s up to you.